- Slice approx. 8 peaches. I leave them unpeeled but you can skin 'em if you don't care for the slightly chewy texture.
- Toss with half a lemons' worth of juice, 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- Put in bake ware of your choice - I used 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 Corningware (Grandmas) but I think something slightly smaller would work too.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees (especially if your peaches are on the hard side....is this starting to sound like food porn?)
Now for cobbler dough:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup cold butter cut into pieces
1 teaspoon of salt,
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup boiling water
- Mix together with your fingers until it looks and feels like sand.
- Then add a 1/2 cup of boiling water (or milk, or cream - naughty girl) and gently mix until a slightly wet dough forms.
- Scoop into even clumps, plop atop the peaches and bake at 425 for about 25 minutes.
- Serve with warm with vanilla ice cream or cold tomorrow morning for breakfast! Next time, I might double the cobbler dough so we get a lot more of the delicious biscuits. But the peaches are really the star, and so good warm with ice cream.